- 1/2 cup to one cup of shredded, unsweetened, toasted or raw coconut
- ten or more dates, pitted and chopped fine (you must use a cutting board and knife, do not destroy your blender or food-processor with this task, it is a messy, sticky job, but it’s a by hand job, not by machine job)
- 1/2 cup to one cup of almond meal/ground almonds
- 1/4 cup rose-water or orange flower water (your preference)
- one to two tablespoons of pomegranate molasses, honey or maple syrup
- cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
Put the almond meal and coconut in a large wooden or ceramic bowl (not metal) and add the chopped dates. Wash your hands, dry them and then mix with your hands until you get the dates and nut meats well mixed.
Add the rosewater and syrup and mix again, you will now get something more like a ball of clay. Once you have mixed this up and it is all adhering together, add the cinnamon and nutmeg.
Once you’ve mixed in the spices, you can start taking small lumps from your big lump and rolling these together into small balls. Add a tart cherry to the top or a whole almond and you are done. These will keep for quite some time in the fridge. I prefer to eat them at room temperature, so take them out an hour before you serve. Some folks like them cold. Try them both ways and see what your preference is. These are gluten-free, vegan and sugar-free (mostly, the pomegranate syrup, honey or maple syrup are a kind of sugar, but they aren’t white sugar). These nut-balls are addictive and you will find you’ve eaten several before you know it!
1 thought on “Nicole’s Nutritious, Num, Num, Nummy-Nut Balls”
Can’t wait to make them! Thanks, Nicole.
Missing you. 💖
Sent from my iPhone